Tales of New Camelot
Iron Mask of Despair
The mask merges with the wearer’s fae mien, but can be removed (and peels itself away automatically if the wearer so wishes).
- The wearer gains +1 dice on any rolls to Intimidate
- The mask counts as a point of chimerical armour that is capable of withstanding aggravated damage
- The wearer gains the Merit ‘Iron Willed’ against any attempts to create fear, despair or anger
In addition, the wearer gains the following benefits in each Legacy:
- Seelie: Heroic Resolve – the wearer gains the benefit of the 5pt Merit ‘Self-Confident’ (do not loss Willpower points spent on successful actions)
- Unseelie: Fey Courage – the wearer gains the benefit of the 3pt Merit ‘Daredevil’ (-1 difficulty on dangerous feats and ignore one botch)
The mask welds itself to the wearer’s fae mien and produces the following effects:
- The wearer loses all willpower points and cannot spend Temporary Willpower (although the wearer might be able to Invoke the Dragon’s Resolve)
- Any effect that would cost the character Willpower points instead gains the character Nightmare Dice
If the Grail Hallow is transcended, it will lose its curse and change into a far more powerful treasure.
In Welcome To The Machine Dodinel beholds the Unseelie Vision and sees his place in the Machine; instead of despair he finds order and purpose and knows his life and relationships to be significant. He resolves the Grail Hallow of Despair